Israel’s Elsight believes that flight beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) is the future of the drone industry. They’re willing to put their money on the line to help companies get there faster: with the Halo Value Investment Program.
Elsight’s Halo is a drone communications system – one that provides the rock-solid, secure connection between drone and operator required to enable BVLOS flight at scale. As regulators move towards regularizing BVLOS flight, Elsight wants to get Halo into the hands of drone manufacturers and commercial drone companies everywhere – and to help them get to the benefits of BVLOS flight quickly. The company is so sure that BVLOS operations will provide value, they’re willing to invest up front. Elsight has now launched the Halo Value Investment Program (VIP) for the commercial BVLOS market.
“Accelerating the growth of the commercial drone industry is a corporate mission pillar for Elsight,” Asaf Raz, Director of Marketing, tells DRONELIFE. “The Halo VIP Program was designed to help individual drone companies initiate or expand their commercial BVLOS operations – and subsequently this collective will accelerate the growth of the entire global industry.”
It’s a big idea, but one that answers a growing need in the industry. There are significant barriers to entry for drone companies who want to implement new technologies and work through what can be a complex regulatory environment to use them. The Halo VIP Program provides investment, in the form of the Halo solution – but follows it up with concrete support. The Halo VIP Program provides onboarding and technical support to get started with the system, but that’s only the beginning. The program provides support to get through the regulatory process to get BVLOS approvals, ongoing support, and more.
“With drone laws and regulators shifting towards enabling drone operations at scale, (example: latest news on the Aviation Rulemaking Committee (ARC) for BVLOS flight by the FAA), the launch of the Halo Value Investment Program could not be timelier and more necessary”, said Asaf Raz. The program was conceived based upon several in depth discussions with Elsight’s clients, partners, and drone companies looking to evolve to BVLOS. “We designed H-VIP to support the entire spectrum of Drone/UAV companies – from start-ups to mature operators – to enable their acceleration into BVLOS operations”, Raz continued.
Yoav Amitai, Elsight’s CEO, stated “for the drone/UAV industry, Elsight delivers absolute connection confidence for command & control and data transmission with our Halo solution; that being said, we (Elsight) feel we have a larger global responsibility to enable the expansion of the entire industry. Companies that sign-up for Halo VIP have an incredible opportunity to leverage our strong experience in the market, comprehensive training and support, and flexible funding to accelerate the achievement of their business goals.”
From the Elsight announcement:
The Halo Value Investment Program is available globally to UAV/Drone Manufacturers, service providers, enabling technology companies, and strategic partners. The program includes the following steps to ensure the success of each participant:
- Smart start – A personalized, step by step onboarding and training process, that will prepare our partners for a successful POC of the Halo connectivity platform.
- Expedited POC process – Members of the program will receive the Halo devices completely ready for a quick and seamless integration into their existing or net new platforms.
- Flexible, growth-based agreements & volume discounts – Halo platform purchases will be flexible to support the growth of the companies that take part of the program.
- Increased BVLOS capabilities – By utilizing Halo companies will be able to operate beyond the visual line of sight with absolute connection confidence for command & control and data transmission necessities.
- BVLOS regulation fast track & assistance – Elsight offers full support to get ahead of BVLOS regulatory approval with regulators around the world, including the FAA and EASA.
- Fully enabled autonomy / Semi autonomy – Regardless of the operational method, Halo is agnostic to the drone model, detect-and-avoid components, flight computers and UTM systems.
- Profitability enhancement – As Elsight provides connectivity as a service (CAAS), members will be able to create net new revenue streams on data usage and services from end customers, while keeping the services viable and well-priced for profitability.
- Success assurance – dedicated success team – Elsight provides members of the program ongoing support to ensure that they can operate freely beyond the visual line of sight, grow their fleets and services, and streamline their operations.
To learn more information about Elsight’s Halo Value Investment program or to inquire about partnership opportunities, contact Elsight at HVIP@elsight.com.
Miriam McNabb is the Editor-in-Chief of DRONELIFE and CEO of JobForDrones, a professional drone services marketplace, and a fascinated observer of the emerging drone industry and the regulatory environment for drones. Miriam has penned over 3,000 articles focused on the commercial drone space and is an international speaker and recognized figure in the industry. Miriam has a degree from the University of Chicago and over 20 years of experience in high tech sales and marketing for new technologies.
For drone industry consulting or writing, Email Miriam.
Subscribe to DroneLife here.