Effective Date: May 25th, 2018
DRONELIFE.com, a service and web site of SAJ Technologies, Inc. (referred to as “DRONELIFE”) is committed to protecting your privacy. DRONELIFE owns, operates, or provide access to the web site DRONELIFE.com.
When you read content from our site, sign up for a newsletter, or sign up for a service on DroneLife or one of our sister sites, in some cases you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
You can use our services in a variety of ways and manage control of your privacy. For example, you can sign up for a newsletter to be reminded or informed of the things that are going on in the drone space. You can read much of our content without giving us your personal information such as name or email address. We also do not sell our lists to other people.
This policy does not apply to services offered by other companies or individuals, including products or sites that may include Google services, be displayed to you in search results, or be linked to from our services.
2. Information Collected
We want you to understand the types of information we collect as you use our services. For our newsletter, we collect your name, your email address, the region that you live in and the types of content that you are interested in over time and similar general information that you give to us. If you have not actively subscribed to our newsletter, however, we have not collected your email address or name.
Information you provide directly to DRONELIFE.
You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit the DRONELIFE Web Site. DRONELIFE Web Site may ask you for different types of information when you register for certain services, access various content or features, or directly contact the Web Site including:
• Contact information, such as name, region of interest, and email address;
• Communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive;
• Search queries;
• Correspondence you send to us; and
• Information collected about you offline (including via facsimile, mail, or in person for sweepstakes entrance forms).
Information we collect automatically on the DRONELIFE Website.
The DRONELIFE Web Site may collect certain information automatically, including:
• Your browser type and operating system;
• Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
• Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
• Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
• Standard server log information.
Combining Information. Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across the DRONELIFE Web Site.
3. Use of Information
We generally use information we collect about you to:
• Analyze the use of the DRONELIFE Web Site to understand and improve our service offerings and, in accordance with our sharing policies, discussed below, to produce anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop their own products and service offerings;
• Customize the content you see when you visit the DRONELIFE Web Site;
• Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests;
• Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
• For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
4. Disclosure of Information
DRONELIFE is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you.
• Authorized third-party service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors who help us with specialized services, including web development, customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose.
• Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of the DRONELIFE Web Site, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
• Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations, such as FCC requirements.
• Protect our Web Sites and users. We may disclose information to protect and defend the legal rights, interests, and safety of the DRONELIFE Web Site, and their employees, agents, and contractors (including enforcing our agreements); to protect the safety and security of users of the Web Site and members of the public;
We also may share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties, including to help us develop content and services we hope you will find of interest or to help these third parties develop their own products and service offerings. This sharing of anonymized or aggregated information will not include information that could be used to individually identify you.
5. Your Choices
You can choose to enjoy content and features on the DRONELIFE Web Site without directly providing us with any information about you; however, as described above, some information may automatically be collected or may be requested so you can take advantage of certain features and services offered on the DRONELIFE Web Site.
If you decide to share our information with us, you have choices regarding the information we collect and how it’s used. You can at any point remove your information from our newsletter list, or adjust the information that you have chosen to share with us. This is done at the bottom of each newsletter in a web based service that we use. These allow you to change your subscription by changing your preferences (as they are enacted by DroneLife), or to remove all of your information.
Please note that even if you unsubscribe to commercial messages, we still may need to send you communications relating to your use of the DRONELIFE Web Site, such as service announcements.
You also have choices about whether cookies and other similar technologies are placed on your computer or mobile device.
6. Protection of Information
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted some commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
PO Box 762
Brookline, NH 03033
Fact Checking, Accuracy and Correction of Incorrect Information:
DroneLife strives for 100% accurate headlines and content.
Before any article is written, we ensure the information is newsworthy and accurate. We verify sources and where possible use the original source (and reference material if applicable) before the writing process begins. Infrequently like all humans, we make mistakes and correct them immediately when we are made aware of factual errors.
Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
We treat our employees and readers in a courteous manner.
Be inclusive. We welcome and support people of all backgrounds and identities. This
includes, but is not limited to members of any sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social and economic class, educational
level, color, immigration status, sex, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, and
mental and physical ability.
Be considerate. We all depend on each other to produce the best work we can as a company.
Be respectful. We won’t all agree all the time, but disagreement is no excuse for disrespectful
Choose your words carefully. Always conduct yourself professionally. Be kind to others. Do
not insult or put down others. Harassment and exclusionary behavior aren’t acceptable. This
includes, but is not limited to:
– Threats of violence, exploration in any form