If you’ve ever fantasized about flying your own racing drone through the obstacles to glory – get ready to be totally addicted. The Drone Champions League (DCL), the world’s largest live drone racing league, will release their first online drone game, DCL – The Game, on February 18. In preparation, they’ve made the fantasy real: withe launch of the first aerobatic manned drone. “The vision is to race manned drones in the future, and you can start training to fly them today on DCL – The Game,” says DCL.
Check out the aerobatic manned drone here – then read on to see how you can get your hands on the game.
The following is from a DCL press release.
DCL – The Game is ideal for all drone pilot fans and gamers who want to experience the thrill of the sport on their screens in a virtual high-speed environment. The Game includes:
- More than 30 drone racing tracks, including 1:1 virtual real drone racing tracks and some of the world’s most iconic locations, like the Great Wall of China or through the iconic Rapperswill Castle in Zurich, Switzerland
- Four flight modes, from beginner to elite training
- Opportunity to train and qualify for a seat on the official Drone Champions League
With this game, DCL gives players the chance to become a real-life Drone Prix Champion and an opportunity to compete with professionals in real life. To live the dream, players can register for the draft and play DCL – The Game, clock the fastest times and qualify to battle the best of the best for a DCL team seat.
About DCL – The Game
- DCL – The Game addresses all drone pilot fans and gamers who are interested in taking their first step in first person-view drone racing, freestyle pilots, camera drone operators and experienced drone racing pilots
- The Game features 30 tracks with additional tracks available online with the ability to play with pilots from all over the world in multi-player modes, up to 30 people.
- Players can earn and unlock over 100 cosmetic items to individualize their drone, such as drone skins and trails.
- Beginning February 18, purchase DCL – The Game on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam (PC and Mac)
o Standard Edition PC & Mac: $29.99
o Standard Edition Consoles: $39.99
About Drone Champions League (DCL)
- The Drone Champions League (DCL) is the recognized championship league for professional drone racing teams, an innovative race series that blurs the lines between virtual and the reality.
- Since 2016, DCL has drawn the world’s best drone pilots, who quality for each race in DCL – The Game and then go on to compete on international teams in real-life settings, from global capital to surreal natural wonders.
- Each real-life DCL race is broadcasted live, worldwide on TV and online, the LED-lit racing drones dart through custom tracks head-to-head and reach speeds of more than 160 km/h as the pilots fly them using FPV goggles.
- The Drone Champions League Championships take place in spectacular locations and cities, like the Great Wall of China and the Champs-Elysées in Paris.
Miriam McNabb is the Editor-in-Chief of DRONELIFE and CEO of JobForDrones, a professional drone services marketplace, and a fascinated observer of the emerging drone industry and the regulatory environment for drones. Miriam has penned over 3,000 articles focused on the commercial drone space and is an international speaker and recognized figure in the industry. Miriam has a degree from the University of Chicago and over 20 years of experience in high tech sales and marketing for new technologies.
For drone industry consulting or writing, Email Miriam.
Subscribe to DroneLife here.