FLIR today announced the release of the FLIR Duo and the FLIR Duo R, the world’s first dual sensor thermal and visible light imagers (2Mp stills) designed for use on personal drones. The Duos conform to the same size and shape as the GoPro Hero, offering of the same features such as on-board recording and real-time remote control of camera functions.
The FLIR Duo is the drone industry’s first multi-sensor camera that features FLIR’s Lepton thermal microcamera core, a high-definition (HD) 1080p visible camera, and FLIR’s patented MSX technology. The FLIR Duo offers versatile onboard recording to a micro SD card and real-time remote control of camera functions and can be mounted to any airframe capable of holding the most popular action cameras. Operators can switch between the FLIR Duo’s thermal and visible cameras in-flight or view both in a picture-in-picture mode. Priced at $999.99, the FLIR Duo is accessible to drone hobbyists and professionals alike.
The Duo trades some resolution for low cost, light weight, and light power consumption. The resolution, while not necessarily fine enough for mapping, is perfectly acceptable for applications such as roof and building inspections.
The Duo has an app but but can also take advantage of 3rd party apps such as the one that accompanies the 3DR Solo.
FLIR Duo features include:
- Affordable Drone Thermal Imaging – Dual-sensor thermal and visible light color imaging in a compact action camera form factor.
- Easy Installation – Accepts 5-24VDC input power and outputs both analog and HDMI digital video.
- Easy Set-up & Configuration – Mobile app (iOS and Android) and built-in Bluetooth makes camera set-up a snap.
- On-Board Recording – Records digital thermal and 1080p color video and stills to an on-board microSD card.
- PWM Control – Configure and control the camera in the air with up to two PWM inputs.
- MAVLink Interface – Trigger automated image capture and geo-tag images for mapping & survey missions.
The FLIR Duo R, priced at $1,299.99, adds accurate temperature measurement capabilities for commercial applications including agricultural, construction, civil engineering, building inspection, and public safety use cases.
Both the FLIR Duo and Duo R are available to order today at established FLIR partners and at www.flir.com/duo.