The selfie drone market is getting hotter. Yuneec has the Breeze, ZEROTECH has the DOBBY, and now Keyshare Technology has announced that the Kimon (find related articles here) is now available in the U.S. Their goal is to be the first successful mass market selfie drone.
At the Consumer Electronics Show Keyshare Technology announced today the launch of their Kimon “selfie” drone to the US market. The Kimon, which was first introduced in China in July 2016, is the first to deliver on the promise of these devices. Selfie drones eliminate the standard selfie limitations (e.g. the length of your arm and the camera angle) while delivering quality photos at an affordable price.
The Kimon is easy to use, portable, has a replaceable battery and is capable of taking quality photos with a high-definition camera. All its features are tailored to provide a great selfie taking experience including:
- 16 million pixels camera that supports 4k/25fps video recording.
- Simple, smartphone-controlled operation with one-touch start-up, take-off, hovering, landing, and return.
- G-sensor-controlled by moving your mobile phone.
- Multiple shooting modes that include photography, video recording, burst mode, slow motion, time-lapse photography.
- Five selfie-taking modes: 360-degree panorama, 45-degree shot, follow shot, panoramic selfie and standard selfie.
- A positioning module that enables easy selfie-taking under 3-meter high — a key feature for indoor environments without GPS signals.
The Kimon was designed to deliver a product that is is practical, affordable and functional. The emphasis has been on providing a superb user experience rather than on cutting-edge technologies. The Kimon comes in 5 colors – yellow, white, blue, green and pink – and can operate for up to 15 minutes on one charge, the best battery performance among devices under $500.
The Kimon will be featured in Booth 1621 in the Westgate Hall at the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show.
Here is a promotional video courtesy of Keyshare Technology.