PolarPro have added to and rebranded their post-production tools. Now drone pilots can benefit from a range of color presets designed to make aerial footage look as cinematic and professional as possible.
PolarPro’s newly rebranded Elektra Cinematic Color Presets are compatible with several popular drone models, including the DJI Mavic Pro, the Phantom series, the Zenmuse X3 and Canon, Sony and LUMIX/Panasonic video cameras.
The aim of these color presets is to streamline pilots’ post-production workflow. All Elektra packages are compatible with most popular video editing platforms, including numerous Adobe products such as Premiere 9.0 or later, After Effects CC or later, Apple Final Cut Pro X and Davinci Resolve 9 or later.
PolarPro’s Elektra Color Presets have been developed to work with footage shot in D-log. The Elektra bundle includes a range of Look Up Tables (LUTs) that can be applied to D-log footage depending on what kind of mood or themes you are going for.
LUTs are essentially a way to get your footage closer to where you want it to be visually, fast. The color correction is applied with a .CUBE or .3DL extension. The process is done with high accuracy, pixel by pixel.
According to PolarPro, Elektra presets “bring diverse looks and moods to footage, while maximizing its dynamic range and easily color correcting footage from numerous camera models and color profiles into a single seamless video edit.”
There are different packages depending on which camera or drone you are using. The Elektra Cinematic Color Presets retail for $29.99 each. If you’re interested in finding out more or previewing the looks before you buy, here.
“Elektra is the first solution to easily apply consistent color correction across all your cameras with incredible precision, saving content creators massive time in post-production,” said Austen Butler, Co-Founder of PolarPro.
“As with the other solutions in our ever-growing post-production suite, and the software tools we have in development, Elektra streamlines the workflow for creatives looking to spend less time behind the monitor and more time behind the lens.”
In addition to the new camera profiles, the expanded Elektra Cinematic Color Presets will continue to support popular drone color profiles for the DJI Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro/Adv., Phantom 4 Standard, GoPro Pro Tune, and Zenmuse x3/OSMO profiles. The dynamic array of presets spans the creative spectrum and include:
- Elektra: With added color value across the spectrum and boosted vibrance, Elektra will make colors pop! Available in warm, neutral and cool options for creating a unique and consistent look.
- Purity: A natural color grade with true tones. Offering warm, neutral and cool options make it simple to keep a consistent look across varying lighting conditions and colors.
- Deep: Taking the natural colors with added saturation along with pushed blacks and shadows creates a deep, rich look without loss in video quality. Warm, neutral and cool options provide lots of creative freedom.
- Classic: A complimentary color scheme with a subtle shift to pastels delivers a timeless Hollywood look and feel.
- Morpheus: A slightly bleached bypass look with limited color pallet pushes the greens, providing an iconic color style to any video.
- Knight: An analogous color pallet with heavy blue tones brings a deep look and evokes a new feeling to the content.
On top of editing tools and ND Filters, PolarPro has a range of accessories ideal for aerial photographers. Check some of them out in our review.