Team Black Sheep, the team responsible for some of the best first-person-view aerial videos on the internet and makers of the Caipirinha and Discovery UAVs, announced on Thursday their latest drone for sale, the Gemini.
The Gemini is equipped with forward tilting motors, making it an ideal racing platform and its electrical components are modular, allowing for easy customization.
Of course, the drone comes with an FPV camera built in.
“We get the best of both worlds,” the company wrote in its announcement post on fpvlab.com, “A tightly integrated component layout that optimizes weight efficiency, but also repair-friendlyness in case of crashes. And let’s face it, these things are made for crashing.
Pre-orders for the Gemini (starting at $600) are expected to go live at the end of the month and ship at the end of September.
Check out the full specifications after this quick look at the Gemini in action:
- Forward-tilting motors for efficient, high speed flight
- Built-in FPV camera
- Optional HD camera
- CORE OSD/power supply with integrated current sensor
- Ready for long range FPV
- Custom 4A ESCs
- Taulabs-based flight control
- Crash-friendly, yet integrated layout
- TBS Gemini main frame and plastic parts
- Canopy for Race and Film (Mobius camera)
- 6 motors, ESCs and props
- Flight control, pre-configured
- CORE PNP25 (optionally upgrade to CORE PRO)
- FPV camera
- TBS BOSS 5.8GHz (optionally upgrade to 2.4GHz)
- 1x 3S Battery
Alan is serial entrepreneur, active angel investor, and a drone enthusiast. He co-founded DRONELIFE.com to address the emerging commercial market for drones and drone technology. Prior to DRONELIFE.com, Alan co-founded Where.com, ThinkingScreen Media, and Nurse.com. Recently, Alan has co-founded Crowditz.com, a leader in Equity Crowdfunding Data, Analytics, and Insights. Alan can be reached at alan(at)dronelife.com