SINGAPORE, Aug. 15, 2016 — With their increasing popularity and affordability as well as their almost unlimited applications in civil industries, UAVs or drones are increasingly taking off for commercial missions. How can businesses effectively adopt these unmanned aerial vehicles to save money, time and lives? What will be the best way to manage these drones from the regulatory and safety point of view?
On September 1, the leading regulators from across the region will be gathering at Terrapinn’s The Commercial UAV Show Asia to discuss the future plans to improve RPAS regulation in the region. Leading the panel discussion is Mr Daniel Ng, Director, Aviation Industry Division, Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, Mr Jim Spillane, Senior FAA Representative, U.S. Federal Aviation Administration, Mr Michael Rudolph, Head, Aviation Regulations & Safety, Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, Mr Siddappaji Basavaraju, Senior Scientist and Head, Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and Ms Analiza Dofitas, Head, Regulatory Standards Development Division, Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines. The panel will be moderated by Professor Douglas Marshall, President, True North Consulting.
On Day 2 of the conference (2 September 2016), Mr Zhao Li, Vice President, Commercial Drone, Ehang Inc. will highlight how they have successfully and safely carried a passenger on-board a fully autonomous unmanned aerial vehicle — the first in the world and a breakthrough within the UAS industry. Rakuten, which has also joined in the race for drone delivery, will also share their trials and plans underway for future delivery deployments.
Speakers at the 2016 edition of The Commercial UAV Show Asia come from Asia Pacific and globally. They include:
• Adam Kilpatrick, Chief Technology Officer, Unmanned Research Aircraft facility, University of Adelaide
• Anuar Ahmad, Project Lead, Tenaga Nasional Berhad, Associate Professor, Department of Geoinformation, University Teknologi Malaysia
• Arnel de Mesa, Deputy Project Director, Department of Agriculture Philippines Rural Development Project
• Ben Chung, Program leader, Global Center of Excellence, Cisco Innovation Center, Cisco
• Bryan Graham, Science Leader, Forestry Industry Informatics, SCION
• Claro Jose Manipon, Senior Geologist, Silangan Mindanao Mining Co. Inc., Philex Mining Corporation
• Claus Nehmzow, Digital Innovation Organization, BP
• Dhimas Wiratmoko, Researcher, Soil Science & Agronomy Research Group, Indonesian Oil Palm Research Institute
• Dirk Gorissen, Data innovation consultant, The World Bank, Founder, Machine Doing, Head of R&D, Skycap
• Ganesh Subramaniam, Associate Professor, Panimalar Institute of Technology
• Hamdan Omar, Research officer, FRIM
• Hideaki Mukai, Section Manager, Drone Project Promotion Section, Rakuten
• Jessie Mooberry, Former Vice Director, Uplift
• Jim Coyne, Technical Director, UAS International
• Lian Pin Koh, Director, Unmanned Research Aircraft facility, University of Adelaide, Founding Director, ConservsationDrones.org, Australia
• Mathias Steck, Executive Vice President and Regional Manager Asia Pacific, Energy and Renewables Advisory, DNV GL
• Sek Aun Tan, Research officer, FRIM
• Ryan Crow, Technical Marketing Engineer, Alta Devices
• Ben Chen, Professor, National University of Singapore
• Chris Chung, Head of Strategic Research, Lloyd’s Register Energy
The event, organized by Terrapinn, is expected to attract over 1,000 attendees with featured case studies on the drone deployments in the mining, utilities and energy, agriculture, transport and delivery, search and rescue, humanitarian efforts and more.
5 up-and-coming start-ups – RAN Systems, Overwatch Imaging, Giingo Labs, SkyEye and Propeller Aerobotics – will also be present to pitch their start-ups to the industry.
Alongside the conference is an exhibition with over 50 emerging technology exhibitors showcasing products, solutions and services from companies like Yuneec, Alta Devices, SenseFly, Riegl Laser Measurement Systems Gmbh, PT. Aldara Sarana Nusantara and more. The Drone University and Demo Theatre will equip attendees with all they need to know about UAVs. The event will also be co-located with The IoT Show Asia 2016.
Registration to The Commercial UAV Show Asia is now open – Secure your free Expo pass today!
About The Commercial UAV Show Asia 2016/The IoT Show Asia
Date: 1-2 September 2016
Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre
Alan is serial entrepreneur, active angel investor, and a drone enthusiast. He co-founded DRONELIFE.com to address the emerging commercial market for drones and drone technology. Prior to DRONELIFE.com, Alan co-founded Where.com, ThinkingScreen Media, and Nurse.com. Recently, Alan has co-founded Crowditz.com, a leader in Equity Crowdfunding Data, Analytics, and Insights. Alan can be reached at alan(at)dronelife.com